Becoming a medical practitioner is a life long commitment that starts at medical school. As a medical defence organisation with over eighty years experience, MDA National understands your commitment so we make it our business to support medical students in Australia throughout your studies, to graduation, internship and beyond.
Through our extensive industry experience and financial responsibility we offer support to medical students by providing FREE student membership and indemnity insurance cover. Membership benefits include:
- Access to emergency medico-legal advice and assistance 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Live Well Study Well - a program designed to help improve the wellbeing of medical students - Members or otherwise.
- Student E-News – a quarterly e-newsletter featuring topical articles, competitions and med legal case studies.
- Access to Risk Management advice and educational resources.
- Association with GPSN (Foundation Sponsor).
The Student Indemnity Policy covers clinical work experience outside the curriculum (under appropriate medical supervision), electives and Scholarship Placements.
To apply for Membership of MDA National and a Student Indemnity Policy, simply complete the online Student Application form and Insurance Proposal. If you would like more information before joining, please contact us on FREECALL 1800 011 255.
MDA National has a dedicated team of State Relationship Managers working with medical schools, medical societies, rural clubs and health groups across the country providing sponsorship and assistance with academic and social events.