Why Choose MDA National?
Selecting a medical defence organisation can be a difficult task. With so much information out there it is hard to know what is really important, so how do you choose which indemnity provider is right for you?
The MDA National Group exists to support and protect its Members. We believe that our ongoing success can be attributed to our personal understanding of the medical profession and medical indemnity insurance.
We have a commitment to deliver the highest possible level of service to Members in all stages of their career from a financially secure indemnity provider. Part of that commitment involves understanding the needs of doctors at each career stage and tailoring our products and services to suit those requirements.
For junior doctors, we have developed flexible category structures and features so that our junior doctor Members can enjoy the freedom to undertake a variety of work while still remaining covered. Some of these features include:
- Premium reductions if you take a break for 3 months or more in any policy year.
- Short term cover for overseas work excluding the US (subject to underwriting approval).
- No additional premium required for:
- All private work undertaken as part of an accredited training program.
- Up to $250,000 Gross Annual Billings generated from surgical assisting, locum or private work undertaken outside your training program providing you have the appropriate training and/or qualifications for this work; excludes private cosmetic and obstetric practice.
For more information on our Junior Doctor categories, please refer to our Risk Category Guide.
In addition, junior doctor Members of MDA National receive First Defence, which contains medico-legal case studies and risk management information designed specifically for trainees.