Why Choose MDA National?
Selecting a medical defence organisation can be a difficult task. With so much information out there it is hard to know what is really important, so how do you choose which indemnity provider is right for you?
The MDA National Group exists to support and protect its Members. We believe that our ongoing success can be attributed to our personal understanding of the medical profession and medical indemnity insurance.
We have a commitment to deliver the highest possible level of service to Members in all stages of their career from a financially secure indemnity provider. Part of that commitment involves understanding the needs of doctors at each career stage and tailoring our products and services to suit those requirements.
For junior doctors, we have developed flexible category structures and features so that our junior doctor Members can enjoy the freedom to undertake a variety of work while still remaining covered. Some of these features include:
- Premium reductions if you take a break for 3 months or more in any policy year.
- Short term cover for overseas work excluding the US (subject to underwriting approval).
- No additional premium required for:
- All private work undertaken as part of an accredited training program.
- Unlimited Annual Billings generated from surgical assisting, locum or private work undertaken outside your training program providing you have the appropriate training and/or qualifications for this work; excludes private cosmetic and obstetric practice.
- Extensive professional indemnity including Communicable Disease Cover at no extra cost*
- Reduced premiums in your first four years of private practice.
For more information on our Junior Doctor categories, please refer to our Risk Category Guide.
In addition, junior doctor Members of MDA National receive:
- 24 hour medico-legal advice – whatever the query, whatever the hour.
- A wealth of claims management experience & personal support in the event of a claim.
- Subscription to First Defence – packed with case studies & practical medico-legal tips.
- Innovative CPD accredited education – ‘Maintaining Boundaries in Challenging Doctor-Patient Interactions’, ‘Practical Solutions to Patient Boundaries’ & ‘The Balanced Doctor’
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives – including our recent association with beyondblue to help promote & support doctors’ mental health.
- local support, national presence – with offices in NSW, SA, QLD, VIC, WA and now in TAS
*Subject to the terms, conditions and eligibility requirements of the Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy.