At MDA National, we are proud of our strong association with junior doctors and as a provider of medical indemnity insurance to junior doctors Australia wide, we are committed to supporting trainees across the country.
Part of that support involves providing information to junior doctors on indemnity. One of the most common questions we get asked is why junior doctors should consider having their own indemnity if they are employer indemnified.
Another common question is why junior doctors should choose MDA National as their medical defence organisation. The MDA National Group offers unique features and benefits to junior doctors.
One of the main benefits of being with MDA National is that we can utilise our knowledge of the market to tailor the features of our insurance products to suit doctors as they move through their training.
For GP Registrars, the training structure can be quite different from hospital employed trainees and as such, the category features should reflect those variations to ensure that it suits the training environment.
Other benefits include:
- Access to emergency medico-legal advice 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Online access to medico-legal tips and risk management tips.
- Access to Risk Management resources.
- Access to First Defence, our medico-legal and risk management publication specifically designed for junior doctors.
- Discounts of up to 20% on a broad range of contemporary medical publications.
If you would like more information on the MDA National Group and our products and services, please do not hesitate to contact our Member Services team on freecall 1800 011 255.