Defence Update Autumn 2012
MDA National has developed an accredited educational activity as part of the Autumn 2012 issue of Defence Update. Completion of the Defence Update education activity will also be recognised as completion of MDA National’s Premium Support Scheme (PSS) risk management requirements.
Complete the following steps if you would like to receive continuing professional development (CPD) points or PSS recognition for the Defence Update – Autumn 2012 education activity:
- Read Defence Update Autumn 2012.
- Complete the questionnaire about the content of Defence Update Autumn 2012.
- Complete the activity evaluation that follows and provide your contact details.
- Return this completed Education Activity document to MDA National by email, fax or post (see the end of the evaluation form for contact details).
- Receive the certificate of completion and then report to your college’s CPD program if it is a self-reporting program. MDA National will report points for the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) CPD Program, and Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) Professional Development Program (PDP) on your behalf.
Your completion certificate will be accompanied by a document that provides answers or Defence Update citations for the questionnaire items for your further review and understanding.
MDA National is working on having the Defence Update education activity available in an online format as soon as possible.
Defence Update - Autumn 2012 has been accredited with the following Colleges for CPD points:
College CPD program
CPD accreditation details - 2013
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program
2 Category 2 points
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) Professional Development Program (PDP)
4 Core PDP points
Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) CPD Program
Category 3, Level 2, 3 credits per hour
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) CPD Program
Clinical Expertise, Level 1, 1 point
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) CPD Program
Self-education category, 1 point. In addition, Fellows may wish to complete the Clinical Risk Management Activity Reflection worksheet, for 5 Practice Review and Clinical Risk Management (PR&CRM) points per worksheet, available at www.ranzcog.edu.au/fellows/pracrm/pr-crm-activities-and-resources.html?start=5
Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM)
0.5 CPD points in the Practice Related category
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
1 point; CPD points for this activity can be claimed in Category 2.3 - Risk Management Activities of the Diagnostic Radiology CPD Program
Please return the completed questionnaire and evaluation form to MDA National to be recorded and reported (to those Colleges who require this). Certificates of participation will be sent to all participants and participants may self-report to their College if appropriate.