Medical Indemnity for Interns
A career in medicine offers graduates many different and exciting directions. Sometimes it's hard to decide just which way to go; you may want to try different options or stay on one clear path.
Regardless of which route you choose, MDA National will be there to Support, Protect and Promote you on your journey through life as a medical professional.
With extensive industry experience and a long history of financial stability, MDA National Insurance offers interns a comprehensive and flexible Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy, which will cover you until 30 June 2014.
Apply now and you will receive a New Doctor Gift Bag including free subscription to Australian Medicines Handbook online valued at $160 RRP.
Medico-legal advice at any time, every day
- Our in-house medico-legal advisors are available to assist you with handling complaints, preparing reports and other general queries and concerns related to your profession.
Great service wherever you go
- With national membership and offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Tasmania MDA National combines national strength with a local focus.
Convenient access to Member resources and benefits
A secure online service allows you to communicate and transact with us at a time that suits you as well as access online learning resources and other Member benefits.
A product to suit all stages of your career
MDA National Insurance’s Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy provides you with comprehensive coverage for
- Civil liability claims arising out of the provision of healthcare services
- Good Samaritan acts
- Liability for reports about others
- Legal costs arising out of:
- claims covered under the policy
- investigations such as Medical Board or Professional Service Review Committee hearings or investigations
- inquiries, hearings or disciplinary proceedings including but limited to Coronial inquests, health or medical benefits fund investigations and inquiries by a professional body
- alleged breaches of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
- certain employment disputes
- costs orders made by professional or administrative bodies
- allegations of sexual misconduct or criminal matters
- seeking relief where there is a threat to you or a family members personal safety
- a complaint or appeal with a Medical College training program
- Short term overseas practice (subject to approval)
- Communicable Disease Cover
Looking towards your future
With junior doctors involved in ambassadorial and advisory roles, your professional interests are promoted throughout MDA National, ensuring we remain relevant and forward thinking.
Helping you learn and practice
- 16 Hours: A Day in the Life DVD Series to build awareness of the key issues facing junior doctors today.
Professionalism and You to enhance your qualities and competencies as a medical professional.
First Defence a quarterly magazine to keep you-up-to-date with case studies and medico-legal issues in practice.
Medico-legal booklet series to drip-feed you "must know" information in your first 18 months.
New Doctor Gift Bag - including free subscription to Australian Medicines Handbook online valued at $160 RRP.
For How Long?
1 January 2013 to 30 June 2014.
To apply for a Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy download and read the relevant documents set out below and complete the online Intern Application form for Membership and Insurance Proposal.
- PIIP Policy Combined Financial Services Guide, Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording Version 10
Before making any decisions about whether to buy or hold any products issued by MDA National Insurance, please consider whether the products are suitable for your own needs and the relevant Combined Financial Services Guide, Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording. Contact us if you require a copy. For more information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1800 011 255.